Mirrodin PR report, 6th place

מידע על טורנירים עתידיים, ליגות אזוריות ותחרויות ארציות; דיונים על טורנירים קודמים

מנהלים: Orb, Ward

שלח תגובה
Ergil
Single Star
הודעות: 2572
הצטרף: 27/9/2002 , 2:00
אמר/ה תודה: 0
קיבל תודה: 0

Mirrodin PR report, 6th place

שליחה על ידי Ergil »

I was going to start by detailing the problems but I see someone has already done that, so nevermind. Instead, I'll start with my deck, or at least the important parts of it:

First and foremost, the card that has won me almost every game - Spikeshot Goblin! That goblin was just plain sick, considering I had Bonesplitter, the +4/+2 gauntlets(more about them later) and the most powerful of the lot - Empyrial Plate. Next, the card that has won me the games Spikeshot Goblin didn't - Plated Slagwurm. For some reason people don't tend to like an 8/8 that can't be the target of removal of any kind. Weird, eh? And then there was Crystal Shard, annoying the hell out of my opponents and saving my own creatures at a pinch. Amazing card. Three Myrs, exactly in my colours(RGB, heh) were very helpful, too. In the very first game I drawed all three of them and the Slagwurm. An untargetable 8/8 on turn 5 tends to spell "Game Over" most of the time, and that time, it did. On round 2 I had real fun with Spkishot Goblin, a Myr and the gauntlets. The goblin was killing everything my opponent put into play till my turn 6. On turn 6 I re-equipped the goblin, shot my opponent for 5, then gave the gauntlets to the Myr and attacked for 5 more. I pass the turn, and he plays Clockwork Dragon. Oh my, what am I gonna do? Use Shrapnel Blast, sacrificing the Myr, on him, then untap, give the gauntlets to the goblin and shot him for the finale 5, thats what. Pure fun, that was. Third round, I've got one land in the first seven cards, and I'v already said I'm starting. What the heck, I think, its only a game and I have a great hand. So I play a forest, tap it to play Bonesplitter and pass the turn. He plays a land and passes it right back to me. Am I going to draw a land, or will I lose the game? Oh, the drama. Well, I did draw a land, so I played it and tapped both of them for that uber useful 2/1 with pro artifacts. If the next draw is a land as well I've pretty much got the game in the sack as I've got the Spikeshot in hand and Bonesplitter is already in play. As luck would have it, the next draw is not a land, but he seems to be stuck on 3 lands as well and my creature can hold his at bay, so no harm done. He's the first to get another land and he plays Myr Enforcer. Next turn he starts beating me with it and Cathodion, although of course only Cathodion actually deals damage. I'm pretty sure I played something about at that time, maybe a Myr, but I'm not sure. Anyway, when I'm at 14 life I finally start taking out his creatures one by one and his end is inevitable. Round four, game one is the usual Spikeshot/Equipment deal, only this time the equipment is Empyrial Plate so my opponent doesn't suffer too much before dying. Between games he says something about being able to deal with the Plate and that gets me all worried, so when I get just about the perfect hand for my deck - 3 lands, Empyrial Plate, Spikeshot Goblin, the gauntlets and something else, maybe Crystal Shard - on turn 2 I play the gauntlets instead of the Plate, thinking the tempo loss wouldn't be critical(assuming I draw another creature, which I didn't) and not wanting to lose the Plate. So naturally, the tempo loss proved very critical indeed and I lost the game. Game 3, he plays the goddamn Sword of Kaldra on turn 4 and equips in on turn 5. That was the point where I really cursed my luck, because the only noncreature artifact removal I had was 2 Goblin Replicas, all very well by themselves by not quite the Shatter when wanting to destroy something *now*. This might be a good place to mention the guy I got the cards from *did* open a Shatter, but it along with the equipment that gives +3/+3 were given to the poor souls who came late and there weren't enough boosters for them, or something. Anyway, I killed the first sword bearer(a Myr) by blocking with one of my own Myrs and then sacrificing it to Shrapnel Blast. The only other creatures he had were the 2/1 with pro artifact and 2/4 with pro artifact so he couldn't use it on either of them. I even got my Slagwurm, when bang! An even nastier surprise - the 3/2, can't be target of spells or abilities controlled by opponents regenerating troll. Fuck. Still, by the time he equipped it I had a Quicksilver Elemental(a very cool creature, although he didn't do anything besides being 3/4 at the PR) with Bonesplitter on him, so neither of us could really attack. A couple of turn pass and he draws something the does make attacking possible. He attack and I chump-block. I attack and he chump-blocks. He attacks again, and has no mana left for regeneration, so I block with the elemental and both die. Great, eh? No! Because he used his mana to play the damn 4/4 flier for six. Next turn he gives it the sword and I scoop my cards. So I have 9 points at the end of the fourth round. Pretty good, with only 2 rounds left. Fifth round, I start with Spikeshot + some equipment but one gets Shattered and the other gets Terrored, and about then the judge declares there are re-pairings. Really lucky one for me, because the new guy I was to play with was a total scrub who asked me if he can counter equipment re-attaching. Last round, I go around muttering "Gotaa win, gotta win", and I do. Top eight, for the first time in my life, here I am!

I really feel I got an amazing deck. The evidence is on my side, too, considering I practically trampled over my opponents in 11 games and put up a good fight, or so I like to think, in the 2 games I lost. All in all, I had the best time ever in a tournament, despite all the mess at the beginning.

Until the next Top 8, your truly, Ergil(aka The Moustache)
Not even Elminster would like to see a volcano appearing under his ass
Antrax
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 6939
הצטרף: 20/10/2001 , 2:00
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי Antrax »

So I have 9 points at the end of the fourth round. Pretty good, with only 2 rounds left. Fifth round, I start with Spikeshot + some equipment but one gets Shattered and the other gets Terrored, and about then the judge declares there are re-pairings. Really lucky one for me
אכן מזל, במיוחד שאני לא ראיתי, כי חילקתי כמה וכמה אזהרות לאנשים שהתחילו לפני שהכרזנו שאפשר להתחיל. זה לא הוגן שבגלל שלך יש יותר נקודות אז יהיה לך גם יותר זמן בסיבוב. כן, קשה להתאפק והפיירינגס איטיים כי המדפסת לא עובדת, אבל ככה זה בחיים. לא לגיטימי שהתחלת לפני שהוכרז שאפשר להתחיל, ואני לא רוצה לשמוע "אבל גם אחרים שיחקו", כי על "אחרים" היית אמור לדווח לי או לשפר, כדי שיקבלו את הוורנינג שלהם.
אנטרקס
נא לא לשלוח לי יותר מה"פ אחת בכל פעם. לפני השליחה, מומלץ לעיין בחוקי הפורום ובשיטת האימות אם עוד לא קראתם אותם.
Orb

שליחה על ידי Orb »

אנטי, אני נוטה לחשוב שהבנאדם הזה שיחק בחיפה, ולא בת"א.

ergil - אני צודק? דרך אגב, מה שמך האמיתי?

ומה שלי באמת הפריע, זה משהו אחר:
"This might be a good place to mention the guy I got the cards from *did* open a Shatter, but it along with the equipment that gives +3/+3 were given to the poor souls who came late and there weren't enough boosters for them, or something."

מה לעזאזל?
מה שאני מבין מכאן, זה שהוציאו לך קלפים מהדק כדי לחלק לאנשים שלא היה מספיק בוסטרים כדי שישחקו בטורניר.

בבקשה תגיד שאני טועה...

אור.
Antrax
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 6939
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי Antrax »

אופס, סליחה. ואור, כן. תקרא את ת'רד הביקורת על הפרירליס בחיפה, הם נאלצו לבנות חבילות מקלפים מאנשים.
אנטרקס
נא לא לשלוח לי יותר מה"פ אחת בכל פעם. לפני השליחה, מומלץ לעיין בחוקי הפורום ובשיטת האימות אם עוד לא קראתם אותם.
Psibeast
Administrator
הודעות: 2944
מיקום: קריות
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי Psibeast »

Orb כתב:אנטי, אני נוטה לחשוב שהבנאדם הזה שיחק בחיפה, ולא בת"א.

ergil - אני צודק? דרך אגב, מה שמך האמיתי?

ומה שלי באמת הפריע, זה משהו אחר:
"This might be a good place to mention the guy I got the cards from *did* open a Shatter, but it along with the equipment that gives +3/+3 were given to the poor souls who came late and there weren't enough boosters for them, or something."

מה לעזאזל?
מה שאני מבין מכאן, זה שהוציאו לך קלפים מהדק כדי לחלק לאנשים שלא היה מספיק בוסטרים כדי שישחקו בטורניר.

בבקשה תגיד שאני טועה...

אור.
לצערי הרב מאוד אתה לא טועה. היו 4 אנשים שהגיעו דווקא מוקדם, אבל חיכו שהתור יתפנה קצת (מכיוון שלא ידעו על בעיית המוצרים) וברגע שהם הגיעו נגמרו הקלפים. מאוד לא רצינו לשלוח אותם הביתה בידיים ריקות. ניסינו להציע להם כל מיני פיצויים כגון דראפט חינם, כניסה לפרי-ריליס הבא בחצי מחיר וכולי, אבל הם התעקשו שהם הגיעו לפרי-ריליס כדי לשחק בפרי-ריליס. בסופו של דבר הגענו למסקנה שהפתרון שבסופו של דבר ביצענו, גם אם הוא מאוד לא שיגרתי, לא יפגע בצורה משמעותית בהנאה של כל השחקנים בטורניר (רובם המכריע בכלל לא ירגישו בחסרונם של 2-3 קומונים), ועם זאת לא נאלץ לשלוח אנשים הביתה בידיים ריקות. כל הקלפים שהוצאו, הוצאו בצורה אקראית לחלוטין. כמו כן, כידוע ב T.Pack+2 boosters יש 16 uncommons וב-5 בוסטרים (מה שקיבלו כמה עשרות אנשים אצלנו כשנגמרו ה T.Packs) יש רק 15 Uncommons. לכן הוצאה רנדומלית של Uncommon מחלק מהחבילות שהיו עם T.Pack גם לא אמורה לפגום ברמה הכללית של החבילה.

שוב, הפתרון רחוק מאידאלי, אבל הוא נראה לנו הרע במיעוטו. We could be wrong though...
Psionic Beasts. Top of the food chain and climbing.
Kiba
White Wolf Spirit
הודעות: 482
הצטרף: 02/6/2003 , 20:01
מיקום: כפר-סבא
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי Kiba »

מי לקח מקום ראשון?
אני מצטער אם זה היה כתוב שם ולא שמתי לב...
איתי.
Sir Psycho Sexy
הודעות: 4093
הצטרף: 08/9/2002 , 2:00
מיקום: קריית מוצקין

שליחה על ידי Sir Psycho Sexy »

A few things I don't understand (well, I do, and that's what worries me):

Oh my, what am I gonna do? Use Shrapnel Blast, sacrificing the Myr, on him, then untap, give the gauntlets to the goblin and shot him for the finale 5, thats what. Pure fun, that was. - What about the clean up step? If the dragon is 6/6, doing to it 5 damage in the EOT and 5 damage in your turn won't kill it.

Anyway, I killed the first sword bearer(a Myr) by blocking with one of my own Myrs and then sacrificing it to Shrapnel Blast. - The Sword removes the blocker before damage was dealt. Because all of the myrs are 1/1 (or bigger), you can't kill the myr like you did.

Please explain, because both of the moves (as I see them) were wrong.

SPS
Ergil
Single Star
הודעות: 2572
הצטרף: 27/9/2002 , 2:00

שליחה על ידי Ergil »

לא יריתי בדרקון, יריתי ביריב שהיה על 10 חיים. 5 בסוף התור ו5 בתורי = יריב מת.

בנוגע לשאלה השניה, כתוב על הקלף whenever equipped creature deals damage, לא כשהיצור מוכרז כחוסם או נחסם. זה אומר, למיטב הבנתי, שהנזק צריך להתבצע כדי שהאפקט יקרה. יכול להיות שאני טועה, כמובן.
Not even Elminster would like to see a volcano appearing under his ass
Sir Psycho Sexy
הודעות: 4093
מיקום: קריית מוצקין

שליחה על ידי Sir Psycho Sexy »

אחרי קריאה חוזרת של הקטע הראשון, ניתן לשים לב שהתכוונת ליריב. למרות שעדיין אפשר לבלבל ולחשוב שאתה מתכוון לדרקון המכני.

וצדקת גם על הקלף (זה לא שיש לי עותק שאני יכול לבדוק), זה אכן נזק. בלבלתי כנראה בינו לבין Dead Iron's Sledge (או משהו כזה).

מזל טוב על זכייתך. נתראה טורניר הבא, :)

SPS
CacTus
MTGil Wizard
הודעות: 288
מיקום: קרית ביאליק
יצירת קשר:

שליחה על ידי CacTus »

שפם

סתם, מזל טוב
קוגלר! תוציא את האצבע מהתחת ותתחיל לרוץ!
תמונה
שלח תגובה